Hi there AppWorks fans,
Finally, you landed on the page where your unexplained abbreviation will get a meaning! The list will be extended with new abbreviation during our AppWorks journey as a lot of these can be found in all the documentation and software.
Keep the page as a look-up to get more information. You can search for an abbreviation in the top search.
And here it is…The list:
- API = Application Programming Interface
API is the low-end communication from client to server. With this tool you can call specific function on 1 object. Like a SET or a CHECKOUT. Also, for API there is a reference guide available.
- BAM = Business Activity Monitor
The monitoring part of BPM where everything is logged so nice history graphs can be
- BOF = Business Object Framework.
The framework makes it easy to extend Documentum functionality!
- BOP = Business Operations Platform
- BPA = Business Process Analysis
The analytics part of BPM where it all can be monitored in real-time
- BPEL = Business Process Execution Language
It’s a standard (OASIS) executable language for triggering actions in business processes with web services. So, our AppWorks can import/export BPM information via web services…how nice!
- BPM = Business Process Management
A new name for workflow management and easier to connect to all kind of business rules
- BPML = Business Process Modeling Language
The generic language for saving BPM information in a document
- BPM-N = BPM-Notation
The notation standard for describing a process created
- CAP = Cordys Application Packages
These are the ‘ZIP’ files created by the AppWorks platform when the solution is ready for shipping and deploying to another environment like for example ‘Test’.
- CARS = Cordys Administration Repository Server
The backend database where all the crafted data is saved
- CIM = Case Instance Monitoring
- CMC = Cordys Managment Console
The tool for taking a deeper dive into the Cordys system for administrators
- CMIS = Content Management Interoperability Services
An open standard to connect different content management system in an ‘inter-operated’ way. It just an abstracted layer for controlling repositories via web protocols.
- CMS = Content Management System
A software solution where ECM is implemented
- CoBOC = Collaborative Business Object Cache
- CSP = Content Service Platform
- CUSP = Cordys User Start Page
The old name for the new ‘Explorer’ since AppWorks 16.4
- CWS = Collaborative WorkSpace
A workspace where you can work with multiple user on the same solution. It’s our ‘Explorer’ for the AppWorks platform
DA = Documentum Administrator.
The management client for Documentum where we can explore the repository an administration level
DSO = Data Source Object
The database location object that is selected for a service container in the ‘System Resource Manager’ artifact. It makes a data-binding between AppWorks and the database storage.
DTEAP = Development Test Education Acceptance Production
A ‘street’ of environments from where we can (automatically) deploy our solutions to a specific set of users
DQL = Documentum Query Language
DQL is a subset of SQL with specific Documentum functionality. So, we can do all kind of query statement like a SELECT or on UPDATE. A DQL reference guide can be found in PDF format on the support side.
- ECM = Enterprise Content Management
A centralized system where we can store data in a structured way and collaborate on it
- EIS = Enterprise Information System
AppWorks is an ‘Enterprise’ product/system as it can improve the enterprise business processes and can do all kind of integrations. It offers a high value service for large data that is used in large and complex organizations where information is key!
- ERD = Entity Relation Diagram (equals to ERM)
- ERM = Entity Relation Model
- ESB = Enterprise Service Bus
All the modules that are needed to send information from one service (Like is a SOA) to another and make sure they are also received in a secure way.
- FIFO = First-In, First-Out
The same principle as we know from our early super-marked experiences when we were young. Makes it sure the old stuff is in front of the new stuff…
- GUI = Graphical User Interface
The front-end for our beloved end-users where the can interact with our solution
- IDE = Integrated Development Environment
A tool where we can write our custom code, but also integrate directly into an environment. IntelliJ is an example of a great tool you can use.
- LDAP = Lightweight Directory Access Protocol
A protocol for talking to directory services like Active Directory or OTDS
- M-BPM = Metastorm-BPM
Metastorm is a product that features specific BPM functionality. It automates people-intensive administrative and management processes. Handles large volumes of processes, users and transactions.
- MDM = Master Data Management
- OTAG = OpenTextAppworksGateway
The administrative console for the AppWorks Gateway for the mobile applications created with the ‘mobile app’ building blocks on an entity
- OTDS = OpenText Directory Services
The spider in the web for the authentication handling for the OpenText services
- PCL = Process Component Library
This brings us all back to the basics and makes modules reusable. For our AppWorks platform there are reusable solutions available like for example ‘Service Center’ of ‘People Center’, but also reusable connectors are available to connect to other systems like for example ‘Documentum’
- PSL = Publish Source Layer
- PIM = Process Instance Manager
An artifact in the AppWorks Explorer where we can monitor any BPM flow in more detail.
- RBAC = Role Based Access Control
- SCM = Software Configuration Management
A system that can keep track and keeps control on the changes done in the solution. Our AppWorks platform saves all our crafted information in a repository, validates it and controls it. Next to that we can add a source control system to make it easy to revert and combine changes with multiple developers.
- SOA = Service Oriented Architecture
Expose functionality in services so they are loosely coupled and independent
- SVN = SubVersioN
A version control system (SVN is integrated in AppWorks by default)
- UDDI = Universal Description, Discovery, and Integration
A register for exposing services to others in a standardized way
- UI = User Interface
The front-end for our users, but also for us developers. Or low-coders if you like.
- UX = User eXperience
The front-end for our beloved end-users where the can interact with our solution (see also GUI/UI)
- WCP = Web Collaboration Platform
- WSDL = Web Services Description Language
XSD = XML Schema Definition
A descriptive schema on how an XML file should look like. What is required in the XML file and how tags should be defined
XDS = XML Data Store
The XML data location as database of our beloved AppWorks platform. All data is saved in this store as XML document
And this gives the overview for the AppWorks abbreviation list and we’ll probably never give it a ‘DONE’ as new abbreviation will be introduced. Have a nice day and see U on another post about AppWorks.